Baked in a Pie

Sing a Song of Sixpence.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie.

I highly doubt I'll be able to get every single smidge of my pumpkin fix in this year. I've been super craving it all year long. Even with the addition of the Pumpkin Spice Frappuccino at Starbucks AND the Pumpkin Pie Twister at Foster's (a west-coast Braums/DairyQueen/TasteeFreez) I'm still fearful I wont get as much as I crave.

I used to get pumpkin pies for my birthday cake when I was younger.
I think I'm going to resurrect that particular tradition soon.

With all the recipes I've been seeing online lately, like the super duper scrumptious looking Pumpkin Bread Pudding at Smitten Kitchen and a recipe for a pumpkin cake that I can't for the life of me remember where I picked it up, I should get a good head start on Pumpkin-Palooza this year.

I'm gonna start off with a pie that I found and tried and loved last year. I like that it combines another fall time favorite of everyone's -- Apple Butter.
It's an Apple Butter Pumpkin Pie, Enjoy.

1 cup apple butter
1 cup fresh or canned pumpkin
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
3 eggs, slightly beaten
3/4 cup evaporated milk
1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
Sweetened whipped cream, for garnish

Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

Combine apple butter, pumpkin, sugar, salt and spices in a bowl. Stir in eggs. Gradually add milk and mix well. Pour into pie shell. Bake for about 40 minutes or until set.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home